Norah is 8 weeks old today. I really cannot believe that much time has gone by already. There were so many things I thought I would do that I haven't. And I thought 12 weeks sounded like such a long time, but it really isn't.
My return to work (which will probably be January 7th) is on my mind a lot. It's not that I am dreading going back, but I am feeling very anxious about the transition. I feel like I am going to be rushing around every morning, making sure all of my many bags are packed with proper supplies. And I am certainly not looking forward to pumping at work, but I am determined to figure out a way to make it work. I have a friend who works at Texas Instruments and they have a Mothers room equipped with a hospital grade pump for their working mothers. How nice. Not that that makes the process simple for her by any means, but it would be nice to have a place to go and a good pump provided. (It should be noted that she has added factor of needing to pump enough to feed twins.)
I'll be carrying my pump in, pumping in my office, and cleaning my supplies in the community kitchen. I know, I know - it's all relative. I have read about women who make it work in cubicles, and others who pump in the bathroom stall (yuck). At least I don't have to do either of those. Plus, I know I am doing what is right for Norah and that makes it all seem more doable.
LET ALONE the thought of dropping Norah off at daycare. I am tearing up now just thinking about it (although I'm sure some of that is the lack of sleep, too). Seth keeps reminding me to live in the present, and he is totally right. Sometimes it is just easier said than done. Okay, let's move on...
Norah smiled at us (intentionally) for the first time! And she has repeated the performance several times. It is so fun to see that smile on her sweet little face. Before that, she had started mimicking us sticking out our tongue. The funniest part of that trick is probably seeing all of us sticking out our tongues to try to make her do it. Should have caught THAT on camera.
The other news is that we are excitedly anticipating the arrival of our dear friend Willemijn (Willie) from the Netherlands. Most of you know she was an exchange student with us in high school and since that time our families have become great friends. We have vacationed with them several times in Europe, including most recently in Portugal in the spring of 2006. Willie has two kids, but is coming solo. She comes this Friday afternoon and will stay for 8 days. We can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment