There are 8 kids in her class and 2 full-time teachers. One teacher is a mother of 5, grandmother of 9, and great-grandmother of 1 (although I would never have guessed she old enough for that). The other is quite a bit younger, but also a mother. Not that that necessarily means anything, but I guess it at least feels like a good starting point.
The facility seems extremely clean. I didn't feel that the last daycare was dirty, but the cleanliness at this one sort of jumps out at you. I noticed one of the teachers wiping down some toys that hang from an arch above a swing when she put a baby in it. This daycare also makes an effort to sleep the kids in the cribs, which I have mentioned previously is something I really like. Norah isn't regularly sleeping in her crib yet, but they will continue to try her in it. They said from their experience it often takes kids some time to adjust to the noise and light. The teachers also describe Norah as "sensitive." Evidently they have discovered that she doesn't like when they talk to her when they are feeding her. And they also think she likes to be "in on the action." Hmmm...wonder where she gets that (no further comment)...
It turns out that my friend Lisa works with someone whose son is in the same class as Norah. She helped make the connection, so now we can share observations and take note of each others child as we are in and out of the room. It feels good to just know someone else is watching.
I had plans with the same friend Lisa on Friday evening, so Seth picked Norah up and did the whole evening routine solo. He is usually home for it and almost always does her bath and gets her all ready for me to feed and put down. But this time he had to do the feeding as well. We were a little nervous about her taking a bottle because the last time we tried she refused. She was sick at the time, however, and I was nearby, so one of those things must have made the difference. I think we both feel good that it all went well.
No comments:
Post a Comment