When grandma was here she made some things to get me started - the dust ruffle for the crib, a runner for the dresser and some pillows. Mom, grandma and I picked out the fabric together and over the next few weeks grandma (and mom) put many hours, hundreds of stitches, and lots of love into the project. I an so happy to have these things in Norah's room that were made by grams.
I had always planned to paint wooden letters that spell Norah's name to hang on the wall. I spent some time looking around on the internet for inspiration. I ended up putting a lot of time into the letters, but really enjoyed it.
I also made this bulletin board. Again, much time was spent doing research on the internet and buying the supplies. It was fun to see it all come together.
The only thing left to do is replace a few more of the "adult" things from the walls. I would like to do something with her hand and foot prints, but haven't figured that out yet. We also have a few shelves to hang in the corner by the letters, which will free up some space on the bookshelves. And I think we are going to need something to store toys in as well.
1 comment:
That's great, Ang! And I love the letters. Very impressive!
Post a Comment