Norah and I have worked hard to make sure Seth enjoy's his first Father's Day. The work actually began yesterday when we went to the grocery store right after Norah got up to get it out of the way for the weekend.
This morning went to neighbor Philip's house for breakfast. Quiet John was there as well. I was planning to make Seth blueberry pancakes for breakfast (because he LOVES them and we had some yummie fresh blueberries), so I took the batter down to Philip's and made them for all of us. We enjoyed sipping on coffee, reading the paper, and laughing with friends to start the day.
Since then I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen to make sure Seth doesn't have to on Father's Day. Typically we each cook a meal on Sundays for our lunches during the week. We've started a little tradition that on birthdays and other special days that is one of our presents to each other (to not have to make our meal). So, I made chicken, spinach enchiladas and apricot, dijon mustard chicken, while also steaming carrots, broccoli and zucchini for Norah's meals. Simultaneously, I was doing 3 loads of laundry.
Seth opened his presents from us, which were a tie and two shirts. (At least 2 out of 3 were a hit - one shirt may have to be exchanged for another size.) We have also done a lot of playing on the floor. Norah likes to crawl to us and then try to pull herself up to a kneeling or standing position.
Seth gave Norah her bath a little early so she could play a little longer than usual and now they are playing down in her room. Time for me to nurse her one last time fro bed! I think it was a good first Father's Day, if I don't say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment