So Norah is officially in Room B starting today. I am very disappointed, however, in our experience this morning.
When I left on Monday the Educational Coordinator told me they would have all of Norah's stuff moved down and get her all set up to start in Room B today (Norah was with my sister yesterday so this gave them a day to do it). I showed up this morning, went to Room B and the teacher obviously was not expecting Norah. Red flag number 1. I found the Director and asked whether Norah should be in Room B and she said, "How old is she?" Red flag number 2 (we had discussed all of this on Monday). I told her 8 months, and she said, "Yes, let's go ahead and put her in Room B," as if she was making the decision on the spot. Red flag number 3. I thought that decision had been made on Monday.
This is how I think it should have gone: Tuesday, while Norah wasn't there, Rochelle and Mattie talk to teachers in both rooms to inform them of the change. Teachers from her old room educate her new teachers about her schedule, habits, etc. Norah's stuff is moved to her new room. They set up an in-box and out-box with her name on it. They put her diapers and wipes on the shelf. They make a place in the fridge for her food. We show up Wednesday morning, everyone is informed, and Norah and I feel welcome in her new room.
Am I being unreasonable? I just don't feel like my expectations are out of line, but please give me a reality check if you disagree.
Another sigh (and more tears)...
No comments:
Post a Comment