Seth was always the one who wasn't ready to have kids. But I think he's over it. He has been an awesome, very engaged dad since the day Norah was born. The early weeks and months must be tough for the dad, particularly if the mother is breastfeeding. Not only has the mother has been carrying the baby for 9 months, but now she supplies every ounce of the baby's nutrituional needs. Along with that comes the opportunity for a unique bonding experience.
I think Seth would say he has always felt a bond with Norah, but around about 4 months when she started smiling and reacting to him he started having more fun with her. He is now the lucky recipient of the biggest, cheesiest Gunden-cheek grins that Norah gives. Every night when he comes home from work and walks in her bedroom (she is usually eating) her face absolutely lights up.
Norah used to go to bed closer to 6:30 which gave Seth enough time to come home and at least see her for a few minutes. Recently, however, she has been obviously ready for bed even earlier. The problem with this is that Seth has to leave work a few minutes before 5:00 to make it home to see her for just 10-15 minutes. He has been so busy at work lately that he logs on from home almost every night and works several more hours. One evening he came home very disappointed because she was already in bed. He said to me, "It's bad enough that I'm so busy at work, but when I can't see Norah it is even harder."
I think that says a lot about this daddy and little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment