Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Official - I'm a Part Timer

I am so incredibly happy to report that this is my first official 32 hour week. From here on out (or at least for the 90 day trial period) I will be working Monday through Thursday with THREE DAY WEEKENDS!

Back in May I talked about the difficulty of both of us working full time, rushing home to get Norah in bed and barely seeing her on the week days. My conclusion was that the best option would be to work part time. It took a little for me to think through it all, get the opinion of a few close friends at work, find the right time to have the conversation with my manager, and get it pushed through HR. But I did it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Seth. In theory it is a no brainer for the good of our family, but we did have to talk through the finances a bit (for anyone who knows Seth this is not a surprise, BUT let me be clear that I love this about him very much). We were considering moving this fall, but after much conversation have decided to adjust to the lower income first and think about a move this spring or maybe even not until next summer. I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic, but I think with some spring cleaning and sending more stuff to the lake we'll be fine. We really like our neighborhood (and the friends we hang out with on our block). The fall and spring are especially fun since everyone is out and about so much more than in the summer. Now I'm actually looking forward to getting ourselves set up to be more comfortable in this place for a while.

Not to mention how much we are both dreading the home selling and buying process...

That's a little stressful, so I'll get back to the fun stuff (for me anyway), which is to remind you that it is Monday and I only have three days left in the work week. Who hoo!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Woohoo! i'm so happy for you and jealous all at once. Yay for Norah most of all!

ABB said...

This is great, Ang! So happy for you, as I know it has been on your mind so much. Who knows...maybe I'll look into something similar :)