After refusing an afternoon nap, she walked out to the living room from the bedroom and started fussing. I did the sign for hungry/to eat:
While I was signing I asked if she was hungry and wanted to get in her chair. She signed back! At least I think she did. It was sort of like this:

It was pretty darn close, particulary for a 1 year old, and she did proceed to eat quite a bit.
Earlier in the day while we ate lunch together I took a drink from my water bottle. (Water is another word and sign we have been working on.) Norah's sippy cup was sitting on the table. As I took a drink I mentioned that it is "mommy's water." She looked intently at my water bottle, then moved her gaze directly to her sippy cup, reached out her hand, and fussed for it. Ahhhh...it's sinking in.
Now that the walker is hidden Norah is walking all over the place. Today she was super proud of herself for walking while carrying things in both hands. At one point I was folding laundry and she grabbed two things from the bed and proceeded to parade around the bedroom with a cheesy grin on her face (and tongue out as usual).
Later in the kitchen she pulled both towels off the rack (each followed by about three "uh ohs") and walked in circles around the kitchen with one in each hand.
So all in all we had another great day together. We squeezed in a trip to the pediatrician to get Norah's flu shot, and a stop at the library. We both laughed a lot. I felt productive, yet relaxed. My only regret is that Seth was at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment