Friday, October 30, 2009

A Visit from Grandpa and Grandma

We had a great long weekend with Seth's parents and fortunately (unlike their last visit) there was nice weather to enjoy. Thanks to canceling our New Orleans vacation, Seth and I were able to take Friday and Monday off, so it felt like we spent some good time together.

Norah quickly became attached, and in no time was walking across the room to greet them in the morning with open arms and reaching out for them even when being held by me or Seth. It was awesome.





Seth and I both have a ton of fond memories from our grandparents growing up, and we want the same for Norah. I remember playing games inside and out with G&G Garber, and eating and swinging in their screened in porch. I remember cooking and picking raspberries with Grandma Gunden. And while Grandpa Gunden passed away when I was in 5th grade, I have distinct memories of riding tractors with him in the fields, which was always a highlight of our visits. A ride on the riding lawn mower didn't offer quite the same thrill, but it was exciting nonetheless.

So we are always excited when the opportunity arises for Norah to get to know her grandparents, and I was tickled to see how attached she became to G&G Kauffman on this visit. After a few days she clearly identified them when we referred to either "grandpa" or "grandma."

While they were here we pretty much did everything we could to enjoy the weather, although looking back I don't feel like we really did all that much. Our biggest window is between Norah's morning and afternoon nap, so we were somewhat limited with activities that fit into that time frame. One day we picked up po-boys from a local fave and took them to a park with a view of downtown.



Saturday we had Norah's birthday party, and another day we went to a pumpkin patch to get some photos.


In between I know we spent time outside walking around and swinging with Norah. But other than that I guess we sat around and watched her a lot. Ann also did a bunch of cooking, which is always a treat for us. I honestly am not sure where the time went, but we enjoyed having them here!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the photo of the three of you with downtown Houston in the background. Wonderful!