I'm sure this won't be the only stage that I find somewhat embarrassing as a parent, but that doesn't make it any easier.
It was sort of funny when it started, but it's gone on for a while now, and doesn't appear to be going away any time soon.
It's the "wrinkled nose face" that Norah flashes all...the...time. To anyone. And everyone.
Here it is.

I know - not that cute, huh? It was maybe just a little cute the first or second time. It's not that cute anymore, particularly when I am apologizing to sweet old women in the grocery store that get the "wrinkled nose face" in response to a comment about Norah's "beautiful big blue eyes." These days when pretty much any stranger even thinks about looking at Norah the "wrinkled nose face" is what they get in return. And then I apologize.
I find myself apologizing a lot these days.
It is especially embarrassing since typically Norah is such a content and happy child. She flashes her two-toothed grin and laughs all day long. Except to strangers. Perhaps I should feel okay about the fact that she is weary of strangers. That's a good thing, right?
It doesn't feel especially good.
Maybe it is just a phase and will end soon. In the meantime, I'll take advantage of the many times the "wrinkled nose face" does a fine job of communicating what Norah doesn't want, and will continue to polish my apologizing skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment