Friday, December 11, 2009

A Noteworthy Day

Yesterday I pulled the last 4 oz. bottle of breast milk out of the freezer for Norah. For the past few weeks I have been splitting one bottle among three 4 oz. bottles, and adding whole milk to fill them up. That mixture (approximately 3 parts whole milk to 1 part breast milk) is what Norah has been getting in her sippy cup three times a day at daycare.

No more.

From here on out it is nothing but whole milk. I'm sure she'll do fine, but after 14 months of breastfeeding, and hundreds of pumping sessions I felt it was worth nothing that our freezer supply is gone.

Interestingly, yesterday was the first morning Norah refused to nurse. I asked her a few times if she was sure she was all done, and she answered by doing the sign for hungry and pointing to her chair.

Okay, okay, I get it.

Now that we have more freezer space I was able to take advantage of a great deal at Omaha Steaks yesterday...

No comments: