A guy once told me his daughter was saying 37 words. I wondered when he would stop counting, or at least when he would stop publicly bragging about it. I mean, did he later tell someone else she was up to 72 words? To get to such an exact number must have involved paper and pencil.
I'm not going to be that guy, but I may be pulling what a friend of ours calls a "first time parent move" with this entry.
But I can't help myself - it's really fun to hear words come out of the Peanut's mouth. Yesterday she was tugging at her socks to try to get them off (a favorite pastime), and when she got the first one off she held it up and said her version of "sock." I wondered if that was really what she said, but she did it again when she pulled the second one off.
She also said "all done" about 15 times yesterday (while simultaneously signing the words) while I got the wash cloth to clean her up.
This girls is communicating.
She definitely understands a lot, too. Seth asked her if she wanted to go on a walk and she immediately went over to the gate at the top of our stairs and started shaking it. Then when the got downstairs she kept banging on the door!
On a completely different topic, we had some very fun visitors this weekend. Friday Griff was in from Denver for a quick overnight trip, so we got to see her for a few hours. Norah thought she was really fun.

Norah also had fun with her friend Tyce who came on Saturday for Lights in the Heights, an event where you walk around a neighborhood to look at holiday lights and listen to music. In the second picture they are all bundled up in PJs for the walk.

We decided to try to take Norah despite her early bedtime. We didn't leave until after 6PM and got home around 8:45. She fell asleep in the stroller about 5 minutes before we got to the car. When we got home Seth tried holding her a bit to help her fall asleep, but she just pointed to her crib. He put her in and she slept until 7:30AM (just a little longer than usual). The next morning she took a 2 1/2 hour nap, so I think that helped make up for it a bit.
Overall we were very pleased with her flexibility. We do feel that kids thrive on a routine, but it is nice that Norah seems to be able to adapt on occasion as well.
1 comment:
The pic with Tyce is Too Cute!
Post a Comment