Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We're Still Here

Just a quick entry to say that we're still here. I really thought I would get an entry (or two) done over the long weekend, but it didn't happen.

We had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend! One of the highlights was being together with 6 of mom and dad's old college buddies who came in from Pennsylvania and Indiana. It was so fun to catch up - we had a blast. I have a ton of awesome memories of them (okay, mainly their kids) from growing up, and being together brought a lot of them back.

It was also really fun to see the cousins play together. They interact more and more all the time. After our Thanksgiving meal they each got new holiday pjs--a tradition that my sister and Scott do with the boys that we are doing with Norah now as well.

It is very hard to capture a good picture of the three of them these days, but I like this one because it really captures how they are together.

Norah had so much fun running around with them that she blew right past her 6-6:30PM bedtime. We were conscious of the time, but figured we would leave her up as long as she was having fun. We finally put her down around 7:45, moved her to the car at 9:30, and put her straight in her crib when we got home. This isn't the first time we have done this, and while she always wakes up during the transfers she goes down right away when we get home. We stick her in her crib and usually don't hear a peep until morning. We decided a while back we wanted to test her flexibility to see how she does, and it has turned out great. We did the same thing the following night at a friend's house and it was fine then as well.

A note on pictures - I do have more to share from the weekend and will do that. However, Seth and I recently realized that we have been repeatedly making a rookie parent mistake - we do a pretty good job with photos of Norah, but a very poor job of capturing the overall moment/event/day. We'll be working on that.

No comments: