Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fun with Mimi and Papa

Despite our less than comfortable guest accommodations, mom came down on Wednesday of last week, dad joined her Thursday night, and they both stayed through Saturday. Norah had tons of fun with her Mimi and Papa, as usual. We played outside a lot. Norah discovered our gate and loves to open and close it. She also enjoys going up and down our small (~5-in) front step. She has mastered sliding down the stairs backwards, so that is the method she uses for this small step as well.




I was again reminded how awesome it is to have Fridays off. I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and got groceries while mom and dad were with Norah. We then all walked to a local fave to enjoy the beautiful day and lunch outside. It was in the low to mid 70s without a cloud in the sky.

Norah thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her Mimi and Papa. She loves to bring you a book, turn around and sit down right between your legs to look at the book.


Papa and Norah giggled together at Norah's discovery of the "popping" noise when she closed a sunglasses case. What cheap fun!


I decided to try a one-nap schedule over the weekend, and it worked great. We could tell she was getting a bit sleepy mid to late morning, but she was fine. She went down around 11:30 on Friday and Saturday and took only one nap. Saturday she slept 3 hours, but she was making up for a rough night (which is really rare). I don't expect that to be the norm. Today Seth took her for a run at 10:30, so she fell asleep for about 30 minutes. She went back down at 2:30 for just over an hour.

Saturday we did some yard work and found a big helper in Norah. I was weeding, and she followed me down the sidewalk, dragging the bag of weeds. I would put them out on the sidewalk and she would stop, pick them up, and put them in the bag. Then she got ahold of some dirt and wouldn't let go. She carried two clumps of dirt around with her for the next 20 minutes. She didn't want to let go of them when we went inside, but I was pleasantly surprised when she did after I explained (5 times) that we couldn't take dirt in the house, but could leave it right by the door for the next time we came outside. Whew!


All in all it was a great weekend. We found ourselves a little behind (in terms of getting ready for the week) late this afternoon, but made up for it this evening and are feeling pretty ready for another week.

No comments: