Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Her Form of Cuddling

You have heard me say before that Norah is so active she typically doesn't stop and take time to cuddle. That has changed a bit with our night time routine, and we now savor the few minutes of cuddling we get with Norah every night before putting her in bed. She would probably do it long enough to fall asleep, but we try to get her in her crib before it reaches that point.

But while she is not necessarily cuddly by my definition of the word, she is definitely affectionate. For example one of my most favorite things right now is that when I pick her up the first thing she does with the hand over my shoulder is play with my hair. I know it may sound small and insignificant, but to me it is the sweetest, most gentle gesture and I love it.

And it's not just me - I have noticed her doing it with Seth (he has stated he loves it as well). And today she did it with my dad several times when he picked her up. What a sweetheart.

As a side story, she continues to really work on her verbal skills. Tonight we were talking to her about her bath and I whispered, "maybe daddy will put bubbles in your bath." She looked at me very seriously and whispered back, "Ba ba." She practiced the word throughout her entire bath and was still saying it as Seth put her pjs on.

No comments: