Combine in a large bowl and stir well:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat bran or rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar (I used about half)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Add and stir to coat:
2 large tart apples (peeled, cored and shredded)
1 1/2 cups carrots (finely shredded) (Note: I used the chopper for both and didn't peel the apples)
1 cup walnuts (chopped) or flax seed meal
12 cup raisins (craisins)
In a separate bowl mix together:
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
Poor the egg/milk/oil mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
1 comment:
Thanks, Ang! Jessica clearly loved them today and I can't wait to make them for the girls.
Post a Comment