Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We'll Miss our Neighbors

We have a great group of friends in our neighborhood (actually within our half of the block). Our move won't take us very far away, but this email exchange gives you an idea of why we are sad to leave:
___________________

Initial Email to the group

Subject: Saying Goodbye

Hi all! So the K/G family is packing up and heading North... Outside the loop that is!We are thinking breakfast Sunday May 9 at Cedar Creek or we can grill at the Romero Casa. I know this is Mother's Day but the following weekend they are leaving us!

Please reply all so we know what the consensus is. Oh by the way, this will also be a good time for a big supportive group hug for Philip. He's feeling very abandoned and needs know we are still here for him on 26th Street.

Response #1:
I say we do fish tacos at the Romero Country Kitchen, this would be a favorite of the Mennos.

Response #2:
I refuse to group hug Philip. He's just going to have to man up. There are plenty of lapsed Catholics on the street. I know it doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "My Mennonite friends," but it has to be worth something...

We are actually planning on Cedar Creek that morning so we can meet up with the parents of the 5 10-year olds spending the night at our house that Saturday. We would be delighted to go from one eating occasion to the next, only to end up at my mother's house to eat yet again.

Response #3 (from Philip, with a new subject line of, "Au Revoir Les Mennonites"):
Don't worry, I just registered for a Mennonite De-Tox Session at the Quaker meeting hall. Should I sign up Connor?
________________

We have simply been known as "The Mennos" for a while now.

No comments: