Friday, July 2, 2010

Sock or Soccer?

We pretty much never have the TV on with Norah around, but major sporting events are the exception. And any World Cup game falls into our category of "major," so Norah has watched more TV these past few weeks then the previous 20 months combined.

That said, I don't really recall us using the word "soccer" in conversation all that much. I did ask her this morning if she wanted to sit on the couch and watch soccer with me, but it's not like we do that all the time.

Anyway, this morning we were sitting on the couch watching the exciting Brazil-Netherlands game, and Norah was looking at some books. The one on her lap had pictures of various objects she knows - apple, duck, sock, egg, and so on. I was asking her to locate them one by one and when I asked her to find the sock she pointed to the TV. I didn't really catch on until we were going through them a second time, and she again pointed to the TV when I asked about the sock. It finally dawned on me that she was mixing "sock" up with "soccer."

That's my girl!

No comments: