Friday, September 24, 2010

Fun with Bubbles and Boots (not together)

I gave Norah a bath recently with the jets and the bubbles were out of control. The tub was not even half full of water, but the bubbles were up to her head. She had a blast with the "jet skis," as she calls them. Now every time we take a bath she asks for "jet skis."



I purchased some boots (and new sunglasses since her last pair broke) the other day and as you can see Norah loves them. Here she is the first time she tried them on.


And this is her with them on this morning. They were sitting outside of her bedroom door and she squealed with delight when she saw them. Her sunglasses were with them, so she suited up and pranced out to the living room to greet Seth for the morning. It gave him a good giggle to start off the day. (Unfortunately the boots are going back because they don't seem very comfortable.)


This morning we were playing outside after a very hot and sweaty (for me) walk. Norah put her hand on my arm and said, "Mommy, arm." I said, "Yes, what about my arm?" She responded, "sweaty." Huh - had no idea she knew that word, though I suppose it an early word for any kid living in Texas. I read that at her age kids can add a new word to their vocabulary every 90 minutes, so I guess I should stop being surprised when she pulls words out like that. She is also stringing more words together: "I wiping my nose," and "I don't want it, muffin." 

We're preparing for a trip to Chicago and Goshen next week. I've been picking up some things here and there that will hopefully provide some entertainment - silly putty, stickers, silly bandz, a little notebook with colored pencils, etc. It will be interesting to see how the flight goes... 

No comments: