Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Baby New Cousin"

Perhaps Norah's confusion has at least been minimized a bit since she got to meet her "baby new cousin" Mikayla yesterday. She was quite interested and sat near Papa (who was holding Mikayla at the time) for quite a while before moving on to something else. She wasn't ready to hold Mikayla until later in the evening, but when she did she was gentle and did a great job overall. 

Meanwhile TJ, Luka and Norah are fun to watch since they can carry on real conversations now. TJ is especially great with Norah, often engaging her in an activity, or just paying special attention to her. The three of them seem to have a lot of fun doing nothing more then running around the house. 

When we were ready to leave TJ and Luka were wrestling with Scott in the bedroom. Papa stood Norah on the edge of the bed so she could give them each a kiss and a zerbert. Luka ran off before she could get the zerbert in, so she bent over a little at the waist and clapped her hands several times while saying, "Luka, come, zerbert." He eventually did as he was told and we were able to leave. 

I really enjoyed the few hours we had just hanging out, eating pizza, and watching the kids. It's not what I could call a "calm" group these days, but I personally don't mind the action. 

Norah update
We have had a great few days with Norah (in terms of her behavior), which generally seems to happen over the weekends. She has listened really well and we have done what I would consider a much more normal amount of disciplining. Instead, we have laughed a lot and enjoyed some time together as a family. Seth took Norah on a long run this morning and then they washed the cars together. Norah helped me more in the kitchen and entertained herself on our bed while I organized maternity clothes in the closet. 

Pregnancy picture coming soon. I've been meaning to take one.

Until then, here are a few of baby Mikayla and the cousins. (Once again I am reminded that we have totally been neglecting to take any pictures of the adults.)






No comments: