Friday, March 18, 2011

You know it's time to move your child from her crib when...

...you meet her twice in the hallway when you thought she was in bed.

Two nights ago Norah was crying after we put her down, struggling to fall asleep. Every once in a while she would stop crying and just yell, "Mommy! Moommmmmy!" I was frantically trying to work so Seth headed back to try to calm her down and was greeted by her in the hallway.

After a few minutes of jabbering while they sat in the chair, she inquisitively asked Seth, "You wait in hallway?" He told her, "No, I was coming to get you."

"Oh."

After a few more minutes of silence she asked, "Mommy no hear me?"

He was laughing when he told me, but it broke my heart.

Fast forward 5 hours. I awoke to Norah crying and Seth crawling out of bed to check on her. He opened our bedroom door and she was standing right in front of him.

The next morning I asked if she remembered getting out of her bed. She nodded her head. I asked how she got out and she proudly said, "All by myself!"

We'll be painting and setting up her new beds this weekend...

As a side note, I think she totally looks like me in this picture.


And now for her serious side.

No comments: