Sunday, May 8, 2011

Todays Nap

Norah's naps have never been consistent. When she was around four months old she went through a period when she took three 30 minute naps a day. She was obviously tired when she went down, and seemed well rested when she woke up. Our pediatrician felt that as long as that was the case, she was probably getting what she needed. At that time she was already getting a significant amount of sleep at night, and in total more per day than most sources cited was optimal for infants her age. 

Obviously our nights have been less consistent as of late, and the naps have definitely continued in this pattern as well. Today, an hour after putting her down, I walked by her room and smelled what I was quite sure was a number two. I peeked under the door and saw she was awake so I went in to change her diaper. This is what I found.



While I was changing her diaper Norah said that she needed to change her the diapers of all of her "friends." Hence the lineup on the floor with a diaper beside each one. (And she had only made it through about half of her bin of friends.) Together, we chose two who had poopies, put pull ups on them, and put the rest back to be changed when she woke up. I left her laying in her bed with a clean room.

An hour later we heard her yelling something from her door. This is what I found:


This picture really doesn't do it justice. Her closet, to the left of her bookcase, was a total disaster. The hanging shelves were completely empty with clothes and books all over the place. She had removed her diaper, and put on a swim diaper. She had been trying on all of the clothes, and was yelling for us to come fix the one she had on since one arm is coming out of the neck.

We now have a child-proof cover on both closet door handles, in an effort to remove one more distraction (though obviously there are plenty).

No comments: