I am so happy to be at 37 weeks. I have been saying that I really want a more full term baby this time, but today for the first time I am really ready to get the show on the road. I told Seth tonight that I'd be ready to go into labor tonight. We didn't seem to be on the same page about that.
I have reached a new point of discomfort this week. It's still pretty doable, but let's just say that the couch is my best friend. When in the office, I really miss it. When on the way home, I can't wait to be on it.
After a series of tests and examinations, my doctor believes I have mild pre-eclampsia. At my appointment yesterday she said if I haven't had the baby by next week she will want to discuss induction. She then discovered that I am 3cm dialiated and offered to go ahead and schedule an induction for next Monday.
As tempting as it is from a planning perspective, Seth and I feel pretty strongly about letting the baby come when she is ready. We only want to induce if there is a medical reason to do so. I think inducing might feel a bit anticlimactic to me after 9 months of anticipating her arrival. Like there would be no story. Some people obviously don't mind, and prefer to be able to plan. I'm not knocking that - we all have to do what is comfortable for us. But as scary as it can be, and as much anxiety as it can cause (particularly with a toddler in the picture), I really want to let the story take shape naturally instead of choosing how it unfolds.
I started weekly ultrasounds and fetal heart rate monitoring last week related to the pre-eclampsia, and had my second round today. The baby has passed both tests both weeks. In the ultrasound they are looking for blood and oxygen flow (among other things), and with the fetal heart rate monitoring they are looking to see how the baby reacts to contractions (which often are taking place whether or not I feel them).
I am going into the office less and less. The person who is managing my clients while I am out is very up to speed and I feel really good about that situation. She is taking the lead on everything already and I am more behind the scenes. I can do everything I need to from home, so I am taking advantage of that as much as possible. I worked from home yesterday and will again tomorrow.
Next Wednesday I have my weekly check-in with my doctor, another ultrasound, and more fetal heart rate monitoring. Unless, of course, baby #2 decides to make her appearance before then...
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear the news of the little one's arrival! And Ang, as one who has had 2 babies induced...there is always a "story" to tell! Trust me. Always. :) You just never know how all the details will fall in place. This is such a sweet time with your family of 3...enjoy the moments! May health, love, and lots of joy surround you all especially in these days ahead!
Post a Comment