Friday, March 30, 2012

Macy - 9 Months

Oh, Macy Girl. She is such a sweetheart. I asked Seth how he would describe her at this age and he said, "Happy and sweet." And I have to agree, that pretty much wraps it up.


Macy continues to be our sleeper. She is so ready for bed by the time we get home, which is usually around 5:45 - 6:00. We get her ready for bed, she nurses, we put her down, and usually don't hear a peep until around 7:00-7:15am. It is not unusual for her to sleep 13 hours a night. At school she typically naps one hour twice per day, but she isn't quite as consistent at home.

She has been sick for about a month, with a brief reprieve at one point. The first time around was an ear infection with cold symptoms and the second time around was both and ear and eye infection (pink eye), again with cold symptoms. Even though she has still been relatively cheerful we are ready to have our happy, healthy Macy Girl back.

Macy is a crazy good eater. She has hardly turned anything down. We recently started giving her some "finger" foods, and she seems to enjoy feeding herself. Otherwise I am continuing to add variety to her purees, and will probably start trying some meat soon. No sign of teeth, which is in line with Norah's development. She is still nursing, and I am still pumping three times a day at work, once before I go to bed, and most nights at 2:30-3am. My supply is definitely lower, but I am hoping to maintain enough for her to continue nursing until she is one (at which point I will ditch the pump).

For the past month, or so Macy has been getting around, but last week she really started crawling, and she hasn't turned back. We are all adjusting to her being mobile, particularly Norah who doesn't always appreciate Macy getting into her things.

Macy likes to show us how big she is, is working on waving, gives long, open-mouth kisses on request, and goes CRAZY when she sees the container of puffs. She has started becoming more vocal about what she wants and doesn't want.

9 month stats:
17 lbs, 6 oz (22nd percentile)
28.5 inches (79th percentile)

The pediatrician described her as "long and lean," which aren't the words I would have used, but I guess she may be. Mom and I noticed today that while she has some nice rolls in her thighs her arms aren't very big, which is what I remember about Norah as well.

Suffice it to say, we are thoroughly enjoying our little addition to our family. She continues to make the adjustment to two quite easy (though I'm sure our challenges will come). Her smile makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and is such a gift in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the day. I look forward to getting her out of bed in the morning and picking her up from school every day. She simply lights up my life.




No comments: