Just thought I would share a few stories that I think will still give us a chuckle 20 years from now.
When Mimi was putting Norah to bed last weekend Norah said to her, "But Mimi, I really do wish you could live with us."
The next morning after we said goodbye to Mimi Norah said to me, "But Mommy, I really do wish Mimi didn't have to go back to the lake."
I sympathized and then suggested that we focus on the time we get to spend with Mimi instead of the time we don't get to spend with her.
She said, "But Mommy, I really do wish that Mimi was my sister."
(Note - I do not think this is at all a reflection of her feelings for Macy, but rather her desire to have Mimi around more.)
A night or two later when Seth was putting Norah to bed she said, "But Daddy, I really do wish that Mimi and Papa were my Mommy and Daddy and that you and Mommy were my sisters."
Geesh - I know that when Mimi is around she is available to play a lot of Uno and Memory, but this collection of comments makes it sound like Norah never has any fun with us at all!
As for Macy, we were impressed...admittedly in a "my kid is so talented" sort of way...when she got the stool from the bathroom, put it under the light switch in the living room, stepped on it and tried to reach up to turn on the lights. Yes, she was still way too short, but we were surprised that she understood the concept that a stool might help her reach them.
But then the next day we saw her put the stool down in front of the refridgerator and try to open the door, and our "my kid is so talented" egos were quickly put back in check.
No comments:
Post a Comment