Last weekend we decided to get the small potty out for Macy. Since it is one of the last remaining items that has been in storage since Norah was little (besides clothes), I am happy for the process to begin so we can soon get it out of our house completely.
Macy immediately sat on the potty with a gigantic smile on her face (is there any other way for her?) and announced that she went potty.
Um, not so much. The potty was empty. We explained that she actually needed to go pee pee on the potty.
"Oh yeah!"
So she sat back down, and with encouragement from big sis proceeded to go pee pee on the potty. She continued to go on it throughout the rest of the weekend.
Norah was very excited about the whole idea and the two of them like to go at the same time (the potties face each other). We tried to get Macy on the potty every 30-45 minutes, which is sort of annoying when we're doing things around the house. I taught Norah how to put the diaper on the floor so Macy could lay on it and she could fasten the tabs. It often worked, but occasionally Macy came strutting down the hall with her diaper barely attached. Norah is super helpful and is always eager to wipe Macy and help her wash hands.
Tonight after Macy went on the pottty I asked if she wanted to wear underwear. She wore them through dinner and then went on the potty again right before bed (at which point we obviously put on a diaper). We made a big deal out of it and she was super proud.
While we're on the topic of potties, when did I miss the big reveal of these bad boy seats with the kids's seat built in?
What's even more annoying than missing the big reveal is that I'm sure there wasn't one, and that they have been around forever and I just totally missed it. Meanwhile we have been stuck with one of these.
So incredibly inconvenient and probably not the most sanitary. We threw it in the trash immediately after Seth installed the new one. Norah has complained several times that the new one hurts her bottom. I just nonchalantly suggest that she move around a bit and then I quickly change the subject or leave the bathroom to avoid further conversation. Too bad, girl - no way are we going back to the old kind! Maybe we need to get some meat on that bottom of yours...
Okay, enough potty talk for one day (but be prepared for more).


1 comment:
Go Macy!!! I am amazed at how helpful Norah is, that just does not happen in our house. What sweet girls :)
Post a Comment