I was lifting weights at home one morning last week and Macy woke up early for some reason, so I brought her out while I finished up. Soon after that Norah came wondering out and the two of them sat on the chair in the office until I was done. When I started cleaning up the weights I realized Macy was singing the clean up song to me. Thanks for your support.
___
Norah has been sounding a bit like the AT&T "It's Not Complicated" commercials, such as this one. and this one. She goes on, and on, and on in one very long run-on sentence in which the thoughts are barely linked together. Here is an example of something she rattled on about one night when I put her to bed:
"Sometimes I have sleepovers with my cousins but usually it is just one of them because they are brothers and sometimes they aren't nice to each other so only one of them stays with me here in my room but maybe when they are older but I am going to lose TJ first because he is older - he is 8 and Luka is almost 6 and TJ will die first because he is older and probably then Luka and then Mikayla will be sad but after Luka then I will die and Macy will say, "Where Rara? Where Rara?" and you and Daddy will say, "Ohhhh, Macy, she died" and she will be so so sad - she will cry and cry."
And of course the story is told using many hand gestures and facial expressions.
___
Macy copies everything Norah does, including getting hurt. If Norah bumps her head on a wall (which seems to happen very frequently for some reason) and comes over to me holding her head and crying, I can be sure that Macy will be about 3 steps behind with her hand on her head, crying. She often insists on getting a bandaid in the exact same place that Norah has one, and even shows off her fake boo boo to her teachers.
The other way in which Macy copies Norah is by attempting to say the last several words of Norah's sentence -- ANY sentence -- and adding "too" on the end.
___
Macy has been requesting a "high tail" (pony tail) a lot lately. It started at school when her teachers would give them to everyone else and she apparently didn't understand that they require hair. When we came to pick her up she would have a teensy "high tail" sticking up on the top of her head. We do them at home now, too.
___
Here are some pictures of the girls playing in the little pool in our backyard. Note the picture of Macy "jumping" (after watching Norah do it). I think your feet actually have to leave the ground for it to be officially classified as a "jump."

No comments:
Post a Comment