Macy continues to make us smile (not ALL of the time, but most of the time.) A few of the cute things she says are:
When trying to find one of us she will yell, "Mommy - ahh you?" (Where are you?)
When we ask her "why" something she says, "Cause."
When we call her name she says, "Huuuuhhh?"
Macy repeats everything Norah says in either total agreement or disagreement. Friday morning Norah was asking for money for ice cream after school (it is a fundraiser of some sort). I told her we would do it that day, but not every Friday. She suggested we do it one Friday, then not the next, then we do it again, then not the next. Macy chimed in with a pointed finger and said, "No! Next! Friiiiidayyyyy!"
Last night we had dinner at Chloe's house with several other families of the four girls who were sleeping over for Chloe's birthday. It was chaotic to say the least. The older girls spent most of the evening upstairs squealing while Macy contentedly entertained herself downstairs. the. entire evening. At one point Seth asked me, "Do you know where Macy is?" I didn't. He wondered upstairs and found her chomping on a jelly bean while waiting patiently with the other girls in line as Chloe doled out jelly beans from a dispenser one-by-one. (Chloe's mom quickly went upstairs to retrieve the jelly bean dispenser.) Macy talked about jelly beans the entire way home.
One evening last week Seth was at a meeting at the school and I was putting Macy to bed. When we got to the last part of the routine she asked for Daddy. I told her that Daddy was at a meeting and she immediately starting crying, "Daddy, Daddy, I want Daddy." I tried to distract her, but nothing worked. Eventually I had to leave her crying. While Norah and I read stories we heard Macy cry for Daddy over and over and over. Luckily about 10 minutes later Seth came home. Norah rushed out to tell him Macy wanted him. He went right in, sat with her in the chair for a few minutes and put her back to bed. We didn't hear a peep.
Yesterday I was in the kitchen and Macy was generally entertaining herself. She suddenly walked into the kitchen and said, "Hug and kiss Mommy?" Why yes, thank you, I would love a hug and kiss.


No comments:
Post a Comment