Monday, November 17, 2008

A Typical Morning

The events of this morning demonstrate why it is tough to get much done with a newborn, and also why the days fly by so quickly. Here is how it went:
7:00 - Norah and I wake up after our last 4 hour stretch of the night.
7:15 - After Seth stirs Norah and has a few minutes of cuddle time, I begin feeding her.
8:30 - We are done feeding and Norah is asleep on my chest. I change her diaper, swaddle her, and hold her until she is asleep. Oh so carefully, so as not to wake her up, I put her in her cradle for a nap.
8:35 - I eat breakfast.
8:50 - Norah is wide awake and fussing a little. I decide that if she is going to be awake, we can have some quality time together. We read, get some tummy time, and have a good chat.
9:15 - Norah appears to be hungry, so we start feeding again. She eates like a rock star.
10:00 - Repeat of the 8:30 activities.
10:05 - I take a shower.
10:10 - Shower is over; Norah is awake and starts fussing. I pick her up, she promptly spits up (luckily just a little) and appears to fall right back asleep. I put her back in her cradle.
10:20 - Norah is awake. I move her to her swing and try her pacifier, even though we are trying to minimize how much we give it to her. She doesn't want it, but appears to be quite happy in the swing.
10:30 - Finally, this is what I have:



I think I am home free, and decide to write this blog entry.
10:40 - I hear fussing upstairs. I again attempt the pacifier, but she does not want it. Luckily, the effort it takes for her to refuse it seems to put her back to sleep.
10:55 (current time) - I still have a sleeping beauty, and an hour and a half until the next feeding time. I better get going so I can take care of a few things while she is sleeping.
Uh oh - I just heard some squeaks. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

No comments: