Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Have No Words

I have no words for the way it feels to appear over Norah's cradle, see her lock eyes with me and give me this smile. We have been enjoying it for several weeks now, and to our delight she seems to flash it more and more everyday.



We have been working our behinds off this weekend, trying to get some things done before I go back to work. We rearranged some furniture in our house to actually create a room for Norah. Until now she has been sleeping in her cradle in our room. This means we basically lost our office/guest bedroom (but you are all still welcome anytime - we'll make room!). Mom and dad came down yesterday, which helped a ton. They took turns with Norah duty while the other worked to help us get stuff done in one way or another - mom usually in the kitchen, and dad moving furniture or taking down Christmas decorations. We are still going at it today.
Norah has been sleeping since 1:00 in her new crib (it is now 2:50). Just when I start to lose confidence that things are going well in terms of eating and/or sleeping habits, she'll do something like this to make me feel good again. I think the schedule will come somewhat naturally when I go back to work, and I haven't done a lot to put one in place yet knowing it will change at that point anyway. Right now I am just trying to learn to read her cues and make note of any patterns I can.
I won't lie, though - I think about it all the time, wondering whether I am doing the right thing, and it stresses me out quite a bit (just ask Seth). I think I am a very relaxed mom in many ways, but I often doubt myself when it comes to sleeping and eating . Part of the challenge is that as soon as I think I have something figured out, it changes. Seth thinks I frequently overanalyze, and I'm sure he is right, but sometimes it's tough not to.
Time to get back to the "To Do" list...

No comments: