Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy 4 Month Birthday!

Norah is 4 months old today, and her gift to us was finally showing her pearly gums for the camera. This picture gives you a taste of what we see so often these days. I simply can't get enough.




Greta and Katie were here this weekend and we had a great time catching up. You might be wondering what we did, and the answer is very simple - not much. The weather wasn't awesome (although warmer than Chicago), but in between sprinkles we managed to go on two walks. We also ate outside at a restaurant one day, and on our patio another for lunch. Otherwise, we played with Norah. And played with Norah. Oh, and we did some playing with Norah. Our adult entertainment consisted of a competitive game of Phase 10 (Greta won).


Norah seems to still be battling some congestion, and we're not sure whether it is a result of her RSV or just a cold. We have her 4 month appointment this week, so that is one question on my list. The other is about sleep. Unfortunately Norah is back to waking up 2 times a night, and I want to make sure it isn't a result of bad napping habits during the day. For the past several days she has only been taking 30-45 minute naps for the most part, with an occasional hour nap here and there. If that is all normal, I'm fine with it, but I just want to make sure we are making the right decisions. Tonight she went down around 6:45 (normal time), but was up at 8:00. I fed her a little because I thought she fell asleep before she ate a typical amount. That satisfied her for 30 minutes, and she was up again. We decided to let her cry it out for 10 minutes, at which point Seth went down to comfort her, but not pick her up. She wasn't really calming down, so he put her pacifier in and so far it seems as though that has put her back to sleep.


So anyway, sleep is a big question for me right now and I'm hoping to get some good direction from our pediatrician.


Speaking of sleep, I need to get into bed since I may be getting up twice tonight. Time for another week! I have more to blog about, so I'm hoping to be able to do that soon.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I LOVE the smiles!!! Happy Monthday, Norah! And do post all about the conversation with the pedi, obsessive Moms want to know. :)