Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just a Regular Tuesday Night at the Gunden Kauffmans

Okay, so that's not really true. Do you actually think this is what we have for dinner on a typical Tuesday night?





No, this only happens on a Tuesday that my mom (or Seth's) is in town. Within an hour of arriving at our place last Thursday night she announced that she noticed she would be able to help out quite a bit with food while she was here. Was it that obvious?

I don't think I have thought about a meal since she got here. And she has this uncanny ability to make something out of nothing. I remember when I was in junior high and high school I would look in our fridge and not be able to find anything to eat. Next thing I knew mom would swoop in and we'd have a complete meal sitting in front of us.

Once she has a day here to see what she has at her fingertips she is good to go. The fact that she organized and cleaned our pantry while we were out with friends Saturday night probably helped too. Oh, and she also organized our freezer. That's all it took.

Since Wednesday morning, she has made:

- broccoli salad
- salmon loaf
- 2 spaghetti pies
- homemade pizza
- apple crisp
- chocolate chip cookies
- omlet
- blueberry pancakes
- baked oatmeal

And our dinner tonight - baked crispy chicken, broccoli/cauliflour salad, corn, mashed potatoes with gravy and garlic bread.

Mom wonders if you are interested. I think you may find it amusing.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can Mom come to my house?