Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baby Steps

At work our department's mantra is "baby steps." I guess we have learned that our company can't handle major change or new ways of doing things in large doses. So we usually take baby steps. I will forever think of my current boss when I hear the phrase.

These days, however, the words "baby steps" take on a different meaning for us at home. Norah is, quite literally, taking baby steps (video coming soon, I promise). Tonight she took a few steps toward me--all on her own--several times. And she is loving it, let me tell you.

Norah has changed so much just in the past few weeks. She is babbling a lot now - not just repeating "ma ma ma" or "da da da," but "talking" in sentences with varying intonation. It feels like she is really having a conversation with us. We laugh every time. We're working on catching this on video as well.

We have seen her more than usual this week because she has pink eye. After her eye was red on Monday and Tuesday, we noticed a small white bump on her eyeball (the part that was red) on Tuesday evening. Seth took her in to the doctor on Wednesday since I had a meeting I needed to attend. We were pretty concerned about the bump, but it turns out it was just a symptom of pink eye (just not one that appears to be mentioned anywhere through a basic google search).

We have juggled schedules around since then, and are thankful that we can both work from home for added flexibility. We were both home today, but it was my day to take the lead with Norah, and tomorrow we'll switch. It has been tough to keep up at work, but I have to admit I love any extra time I can get with Norah. The pink eye doesn't seem to bother her at all, so we've been having a lot of fun!

P.S. Big purchase this weekend - we've decided to get a Mac!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Can't believe she's starting to walk already, and a tooth too!
- Lisa C

Lisa Gunden said...

Oh seriously?? This update is full of news! The walking, pin eye, the Mac...geesh! BTW, is your daycare closed Columbus Day?

Angie Gunden said...

Daycare is open on Columbus Day...

Tonight she walked all the way across the room to me over and over again.