So in the midst of...well, everything, I guess... I have failed to note a few events.
The first, is a visit from my cousin Andrea, her husband Jon and daughter Allysen who recently moved to College Station, TX. Allysen is 6 and was very interested in her first cousin once removed, Norah. They had fun.
We're happy they live so close now and look forward to seeing them more. For much of our childhood Andrea and her sister Renetta lived just a block away, so we spent a lot of time together. Andrea was also one of our babysitters. We always looked forward to her babysitting because we knew we were going to bake a chocolate something (usually a cake, but you never knew what would be thrown in).
Anyway, it will be fun to be able to see them so much more often now (considering before it was a very rare occurence). We were all at the lake together (with Li, Scott and the boys) over Labor Day, which was really fun too...although I have no pictures.
Last weekend we met friends Lisa and Dave for lunch at Rudy's BBQ. They recently had sweet little Tyce, so with the two little ones our social time together has changed. Back in the pre-kid days we would do The Woodlands one get together, and "downtown" the next. The evenings typically involved an appetizer at the house (brought by the visitors), dinner and dessert out. Once Seth and I had Norah, Dave and Lisa came our way more frequently and we often cooked or got carryout. Now...well, we're playing it by ear, but we're definitely finding ways to still get together, and will continue to do so.
ANYWAY, here is a picture of Lisa and I with the kiddos. Isn't Tyce's little face just precious? He's not always that serious, even at his young age.
The last thing I thought I would throw in tonight is a photo of Norah's tooth. It's not a very attractive photo of Norah (some may call me a brave mama for including it anyway), but it is the first clear shot of her tooth. I've even cropped it so you can see the tooth. (Note, she is fussing because I told to stop eating the mulch.)

Anyway, she was a bit out of sorts yesterday, meaning not napping well and a little fussier than usual. Actually, "out of sorts" also means frequently performing her new "tantrum" act, which consists of dramatically throwing her head onto the floor. I noticed today that she is cutting her second tooth, so we're assuming that is why. Today she was back to normal, had 2 great naps (both about 1 1/2 hours) and only one or two "tantrums."
So, it's Sunday night and we've spent most of the day around the house getting things in order for another week. Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment