I need to stock up on puffs. They are a life saver.
I am still struggling with Norah being fussy on our car rides to and from daycare. I figure it is one of three things (or a combination) - tired, hungry, bored.
Tired - can't do anything differently. I leave work right at 5PM and get Norah in bed as quickly as humanly possible. As for the morning, she wakes up when she wakes up. We tip toe around the house and are definitely not quick to get her up. In fact, we leave her in her crib until it is very obvious she won't be going back to sleep, which us typically around 7AM. We often hear her much earlier, though, but I assume she doses on and off. So then of course we have the naps. In the "I napped from" box on her daily report from Monday it read "10:00 - 10:35" in the morning slot and "NO NAP" in the afternoon slot.
This has been a trend again this week. Perhaps her light naps are also causing her to wake up a bit earlier than usual in the morning - I've read it is all connected (sleep begets more sleep). Problem is, there is really nothing I can do about it.
Moving on.
Hungry - I have started wondering whether Norah is hungry on the way to daycare. She nurses first thing in the morning, and then eats solids as soon as she gets to daycare. Yesterday morning as we were buzzing around the kitchen she sat on her knees on the floor fussing. I put a few puffs in front of her (yes, directly on the floor), and she at them right up. I knew it wouldn't really give her substance, but was going for the entertainment factor. It made me think (not for the first time) that maybe we should feed her solids before we go to daycare to see if that helps. We will definitely be trying that.
Bored - here is where the puffs come in. They have proven to be a great form of entertainment. We have the snack catchers, which are awesome. Sure, we still usually find a bunch of puffs in her carseat, but I can't imagine what it would be like with an open container. I have started making sure I have two snack catchers and puffs with me every morning. I try to provide other forms of entertainment, too, like singing. But if that doesn't work and she drops anything I give her over the side of her carseat then there is nothing more for me to do.
As much as I would like there to be a simple answer I'm sure it is a combination of these things with a little teething thrown in here and there. So, I've been trying to focus on what we can affect. Sleep? Unfortunately no. Hunger? Yep, and we'll start trying feeding her in the mornings. Bored? Somewhat, but limited. No matter what, I am positive I won't be leaving home without the puffs anytime soon.
2 comments:
Cool Snack Catchers!
I guess that is something I will be investing in soon. Luckily for us, our drive to daycare is only 7is minutes. Though it could get longer if APC ever puts in a daycare onsite!!!
So, two things. 1) Love the puffs on the floor. Who needs a plate. What did daddy think of that? 2) I would do anything to hear you singing in the car.
Post a Comment