Oh, how our lives change. Prior to 12 months ago, I can't tell you when the last time is I sang The Wheels on the Bus. Now, not only is it a daily occurence, but it has also taken over our lunch conversation with friends.
Saturday we were comparing notes on the song with Lisa and Dave while enjoying a nice lunch outside. Lisa reminded me of the horn going "honk, honk, honk" (duh), and we gave them a few ideas as well. Together, we keep the bus driver pretty chatty - he says, "move on back," "take your seat," and "pay your fare." (He's also a pretty bossy.)
Seth takes it even further by combining the song with Old McDonald. He's got cows going "moo, moo, moo," ducks going "quack, quack, quack," and sheep going "baa, baa, baa" on his bus.
The beauty of a song like The Wheels on the Bus is that it can go on for a really long time. When I first started singing it to Norah I could only remember a few verses, but through repetition, creativity, and a little help from friends, now it practically takes us all the way to daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment