Sunday, December 6, 2009

She Speaks

Norah did the coolest thing last night. She had eaten a big midday meal a bit later than usual, so we assumed she wouldn't want "dinner." We went through the normal bedtime routine, she had finished nursing and was sitting on my lap. All of a sudden she did the sign (her version of the sign) for hungry. I asked her if she was hungry and she did what I might describe as an anxious giggle (something I definitely recognize as meaning "yes"). So we went upstairs and she proceeded to eat a full meal before going to bed.

We hadn't been super consistent with the signing, but obviously it is sinking in. The fact that she initiated the communication was pretty cool and we have kicked it into high gear with the signing ever since.

As a side note she has learned how to roooaaarrrr like a lion this weekend.

No comments: