Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I find that time seems to pass by more quickly as I get older. As much as I was aware that 2010 was approaching, it is hard to believe that the new decade has begun.

I anticipate a good year, although what else would an optimist say? While I have very mixed feelings about leaving our neighborhood where we have developed such good friendships, I expect the year to include a move into a new home. We have one trip planned to New York for cousin Renetta's wedding, and I'm sure other plans will be made as we attempt to keep up with family and friends who are spread around the US (and world).

And of course we will delight in Norah's continued development. She is working hard on communicating and no doubt her tiny little mouth will start to form more and more words throughout the year. Maybe, just maybe, 2010 will be the year of teeth and hair. Either way, my hope is that we continue to find ways to give Norah new experiences that contribute to her growth.

As for myself, I am not one for resolutions but do feel that the start of a new year is an appropriate time to reflect. I'll skip the specifics and just say that my overall plan for 2010 is to continue to work on being a good wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend (and everything else in between).

No comments: