Saturday, March 6, 2010

Family Fun

I can't help but smile and feel good when I think about our day. It started with breakfast for Norah (note: breakfast #1) while Seth and I just enjoyed her and some morning java. We then took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to a new place for breakfast outside. Norah ate a significant amount of our cheese grits, Greek omlet and french toast (breakfast #2).

From there we went to a nearby park where Norah had a blast running around, playing with wood chips, going down the slide, and climbing. We headed home around 10:45 when she started laying her head on my lap.

On the way home she pointed out her body parts as I named them: eyes, nose, ears, hair, tongue, belly, knees, toes and fingers.

After lunch and a 1 1/2 hour nap (during which Seth worked out and I made muffins and read my book), we headed off to see some friends for a late lunch. Norah munched on my enchilladas and a bit later ate an entire muffin.

We got home around 5:45 and Norah ate dinner, took her bath, ("BUBOS"), and was in bed without a peep by 6:30.

Part of what makes me feel good about today is how well Norah went down for her nap and bed. We struggled a bit this week - she cried herself to sleep for naps more than usual and we had to walk out of her bedroom at night with her standing up in her crib crying. I'm hoping it was just due to the fact that she wasn't feeling up to par (we had her home earlier in the week due to a cold and fever), and that we're past it. Today was pretty close to ideal when it comes to sleep.

So while this may feel like a fairly inconsequential entry to most of you, to me it is a report of a very good day: family time, friends, beautiful weather and a happy heart.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It sounds like a wonderful day!