Friday, March 12, 2010

Norah-isms

Norah is really making us giggle these days. Here are a few of the things we enjoy on a regular basis:

- A quick nod of the head and "Oh" means yes.

- When we remind her to take one bite at a time (as opposed to putting all of the egg from her tray in her mouth at once), she quickly moves her hands away from her food, and swings them down to the side (and smiles).

- She tries to repeat our words a lot. "Thank you" comes out something like, "tya-too," but is pretty obvious. When she doesn't quite know what sounds to make she resorts to something comfortable like, "Bubo" (bubble).

- When she knows she is being funny, she tilts her head down and away and then slowly opens her eyes to look up at us.

- She likes to announce when anyone is done eating by saying (almost yelling), "Ahhhh-daaahhh." So as soon as Seth takes his last bite of toast in the morning that is what we hear. Then when I finish my cereal we hear it again. She also says it when we turn the shower off.

But it's not all roses. I've said before she has a strong personality. For example, we almost always have a battle when it is time to leave her friend Connor across the street. And she almost always fights getting her diaper changed. Cries and cries and cries. Sometimes I can get her interested in a book that keeps her occupied, but very often we are just change it while she cries.

I feel like I am always trying to think two steps ahead to prevent a breakdown. They usually don't last long at all, but she obviously doesn't like not getting her way. I'm sure we have some challenging times to come...

Side note on Connor - he is one year older than Norah, and because of that gap they have just recently started interacting a bit more. According to his parents Connor talks about Norah constantly. They stopped by one night recently on a walk to tell Norah good night and he stuck his face through the fence for a kiss. Seth took Norah over and they did something that they both seemed to think was a kiss. Later that night Connor announced to his mom, "I kiss Norah." Precious.

Here are some pictures from when we were outside tonight enjoying the beautiful weather. Seth came home a bit early, and we went from hanging out in our driveway to lounging on our neighbor's porch and ordering pizza with people from 5 different households.

More to come on an ear infection, house hunting and school visiting...




No comments: