I walked toward her with her jacket!
For whatever reason she did not want to put it on. As I persisted she became out of control, screaming with all her might and flailing around. It wasn't pretty.
Her teacher--the one who is always telling me how great of a child Norah is--stared in disbelief. Soon after I got her jacket on, which wasn't easy, she calmed down. By the time we were leaving she was completely fine. And by the way, I was only at daycare for about 5 minutes.
She was great on the way home and all evening. In fact, she was having a good 'ole time during dinner, and didn't fuss when Seth took her out of her bath or while we were changing her diaper and putting pjs on. She willingly brushed teeth and read really well with me during story time. We said our goodnights, turned the music on, and she cuddled peacefully in the rocker.
Besides a few tiny fusses several minutes after I put her down she hasn't made a peep.
So what's the issue with the jacket?? Tonight wasn't the first time she hasn't wanted to put her jacket on at daycare. The only thing I can figure out is that she knows it means she has to be strapped in the car seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment