Friday, May 21, 2010

Connected Once Again

Thank you, new neighbor who chose not to secure your wireless. It is because of you that I am connected to the world once again. Hopefully this stolen connection will last until AT&T comes to hook ours up next Friday.

We're in! The move went amazingly well and we really could not have asked for a smoother process from finding our realtor to the loan process to simultaneously buying and selling to moving. Really. So much could have gone wrong, but thankfully we barely even experienced a minor hiccup.

We still have a lot of boxes to unpack, but we are getting closer to being set up enough to function almost normally on a daily basis. Norah has done awesome through the transition and doesn't seem to be one bit bothered. On Wednesday she woke up at the old place and we took her to school. Mom and dad picked her up mid afternoon and brought her to the new place. By the time she got home her room was set up enough to be very recognizable. Maybe that helped with her transition, but I'm inclined to think it has more to do with her personality.

Norah is in love with her new backyard, particularly the swing (on the playset) and sand box. Pretty much all she wants to do when she is home is go "outyide." Today when I walked in to get her up from her nap she was doing the sign for "hungry." I figured she was because she hadn't eaten much of anything for lunch. But 10 seconds later when I laid her down on her changing table she said, "Outyide?" So I blew up the pool and she played in the sprinkler and pool for about an hour and a half.

So far our new home feels really good, despite needing more time to get fully settled. I have a feeling we're really going to like this place.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay! S&J want to come over and play with Norah in the new backyard. Let us know if you are going to be around Memorial Day weekend, if that isn't too soon.