I had today off, like usual, but the difference was that Seth took Norah up to be with my parents for the day. I hate to not be with her, but it was really nice and helpful to have the day, particularly leading up to our move.
For the first time in...oh...about 18 months, I made last minute decisions. I changed plans throughout the day, depending on how I felt and what needed to be done. I took as much time as I needed with each errand, not worrying about hurrying home for Norah's nap. When I left the house I was only concerned with my needs, not diapers, a snack and a sippy cup. And while out and about I listened to whatever I wanted to on the radio, instead of "Old McDonald" or "One, Two Buckle My Shoe."
I took advantage of the situation and was super productive while also taking time to enjoy my coffee and even squeeze in a pedicure! (I consider it my Mother's Day gift to myself and I highly recommend it to everyone.)
Meanwhile Norah reportedly had a great day with Mimi and Papa. When she woke up this morning I told her the plans and she got a huge smile on her face when I mentioned their names. Then while we were eating breakfast she whispered, "Papa," (for some reason she usually whispers his name) and I said, "Yes, and who else are you going to see?" She answered, "Mimi" as another huge grin spread across her face.
So they played, ate, went to the swimming pool, and pushed ride-on toys around the driveway. Mom called after she dropped Norah off with Seth to say Norah was pretty dirty and in need of a bath. I told her I thought that was just a sign of a great day. She ate when she got home, took a bath and went to bed without a peep...after some much needed cuddling with mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment