Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Little Parrot

Yesterday morning Norah had climbed into her chair and was playing with the straps (a new favorite activity). All of a sudden we heard:

"Hep-you" (help please). "Uh oh." "Hep-you." "Uh oh."

She had clipped together one side of the strap and was unable to get out. As Seth rescued her he said, "Are you stuck?" She has been saying "sta" "sta" ever since when she finds herself in the same situation.

A couple of nights ago I let Norah run around with one of my necklaces. Of course it broke. I told her she couldn't play with it anymore because it broke. Tonight the three of us were sitting on the couch and she said, "Nyet-na." We couldn't figure it out at first because it is a new word for her and I wasn't even wearing one, but eventually we realized she was asking for a necklace. When we went back to get one she said, "Bo" (broke).

When I was putting her to bed she pointed out some light on the wall that was peaking through the blinds. I said, "Yes, there is some light on the wall." She must have repeated "wa" 10 more times (while pointing to the wall) before I left.

Sorry if this sounds a little, "My kid is so gifted and talented." It's just really fun to hear all of these words come out of her little mouth and to realize how much she comprehends.

No comments: