A desk purchase last weekend gets us one step closer to being settled (though I'm beginning to wonder when we'll actually feel totally settled.) I feel like this picture makes it seem a bit smaller than it actually is, partially due to the fact that the den (and the window in the den) are fairly large.
Anyway, we decided to get a pretty high quality desk that will hopefully last a long time. We settled on this one (after admittedly barely shopping around at all) because it is somewhat modular. What you see in the picture is four separate pieces, and the file cabinet (not shown, but near the plant to the right of the picture with a TV on top) makes five. So the lower cabinet and hutch on top of it could be separated from the desk, and the hutch on top of the desk could go on the file cabinet. We felt like this would give us some good flexibility for future room setups.
I am very happy to have finally emptied the box of desk supplies that has been sitting on the floor in the den since the move. The cabinet that now holds those supplies is not completely organized yet, but it feels a LOT better.
Could I possibly go on anymore about the desk? Well probably, but I'll spare you.
Norah loves to finish her breakfast and then hop on our laps to continue her meal by partaking in whatever we are (were) enjoying for breakfast. She even insists on getting her own spoon and bib for the occasion. Seth grabbed the camera one morning a few weeks ago to capture the moment. I literally had to work around her spoon to eat my cereal.
We are having a quiet weekend with no plans. This morning we made a family trip to the gym. It only took a few recent visits to the kids club for Norah to become totally comfortable. She now just walks right in and starts playing.
I have really gotten back into spinning class. I did it 2-3 times a week (in addition to a weight lifting class) before I had Norah and hadn't been back since. The 6AM weekday start time is too late for me now that I have to work extra time in to take Norah to daycare, but I recently decided I need to be taking advantage of the class on the weekends. It is the best 1 hour cardio workout I can get. I simply do not enjoy running enough to push myself to get as good of a workout. But I am fine showing up for spinning, having an instructor tell me to pick up the speed, and increase the resistance, and totally, 100%, get my bootie kicked. With a smile. It feels really good and it is a great way to start my morning.
Well, it's 7:15, Norah has been in bed for 45 minutes, Seth is finishing mowing the yard, and I am off to prepare "Fish in Foil" for dinner. I'll post the recipe soon, because it really is yummy...and easy...and healthy...
No comments:
Post a Comment