Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peanut Morsels

One morning this weekend I decided to take advantage of slightly cooler weather and take Norah outside to swing. I asked, "Hey Peanut, do you want to go outside and swing?" After a slight pause (as if she was thinking, "Could this possibly be happening?") she excitedly said, "Yeaaaaaaah!!!" I said, "Okay, go get your shoes" and she took off running to her room, got a pair of shoes, and brought them out to me saying, "Hep-you, hep you." (Asking for help.) When did she get old enough to do that?
________________

Tonight on the way home we were stopped at a light and I was turned around looking at Norah through the mirror, but I could only see one eye. I said, "Peanut, can you move the mirror so I can see more of you?" She nodded her head once and proceeded to move the mirror with her foot so I got a full view.
________________

This morning Norah put on a pair of shoes, but quickly realized something wasn't right - they were on the wrong feet. We heard, "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh." Without asking for help she sat down, took them off, and put them on the proper feet. 
________________

I've mentioned before that Norah lights up at the thought of her friend Tyce. A few weeks ago she started saying what we now know is "Dave" - Tyce's daddy. And her most recent addition is "Lala", which is Lisa - Tyce's mommy. Last Saturday morning I told her we were going to see Tyce later that day. When I put her down for her nap I reminded her of our plans to visit Tyce. Soon after she got up I left to go to the store. She was saying, "Tye! Tye! Tye!" as I left, and I told her we would go to Tyce's house when I got back. The second I stepped in the door when I returned about 20 minutes later she came running toward me from the den screaming, "Tye!! Tye!! Tye!!" I think she likes him.
________________

They are clearly teaching them colors at school, though so far whenver we ask Norah what color something is she says, "Lello."
________________

Every morning after Seth tucks Norah in her carseat, says good bye and shuts the door she says, "Dada. Woh (work)." I say, "Yep - daddy is going to work today." She says, "Mama." I say, "Where is mommy going today?" She says, "Woh." I say, "Yes, and where is Norah going today?" She says, "Woh," but based on my reaction in the past (nooooo silly, Norah isn't going to work today) she knows she is being funny and is looking for that reaction from me. Of course I give her what she wants, and she eventually admits she is actually going to school.
________________

The little Peanut loves ice in her water, likes to brush hair (hers, mine and daddy's), prefers all doors and drawers to be completely closed, attempts to sing the ABCs along with us, enjoys coloring, expects a "nyack" as soon as we put her in a cart, isn't much of a dinner eater, is getting quite good at doing somersaults, is picky about which shoes she wears, and, after having mastered the concept of "thank you" is on the verge of saying, "peeeeaaaase" without us needing to remind her. 

As Seth and I often say to each other, "What a little Peanut..."

No comments: