Thursday, October 7, 2010

And just like that...it's over

We’re back! I feel like I spent so much time planning for our vacation, and now it's all of a sudden over. Despite the fact that the time really flew by, we had a great trip to Chicago and Goshen visiting family. Unfortunately I was sick with a fever for several days, but we made the best of it.

I was a little worried about the plane ride with Norah, but based on the fact that the 3rd person in our row on both flights fell asleep, I’d say she did pretty well. I definitely suggest snacks and new toys from the Dollar store for anyone attempting a flight with a two year old anytime soon. 

We both worked today and we’re slowly getting back into the swing of things on the home front. Here are a few pictures ("few" is relative - get ready to scroll). 

Mom and dad dug this gem of a tricycle out of the trash. A few replacement parts and it is in mint condition!

After dropping Norah off with my parents, Seth and I spent a few days downtown. Seth enjoyed some good photo ops.




We got to spend some time with great grandma and great grandpa (grandpa's brother Robert happened to get in on the action as well). Norah wasn't sure about grandpa's "horsie" but really took to grandma. 




We also got to see Seth's grandma several times, as well as his aunt Faith and uncle Rod who were in town from Colorado after a trip to Turkey with Seth's parents.

We enjoyed "showing" Norah the GC campus. Always brings back a lot of memories...

Whoopsie daisy. 

Class of 2027? 



Aunt Faith and uncle Rod with Seth's parents.



Back in Chicago with Mimi and Papa.


Coloring with aunt Greta.

Enjoying the fresh air...eating breakfast with Papa on the balcony.


P.S. I'm thinking there may be a haircut in Norah's future this weekend. She's partying just a little too hard in the back for our liking...

No comments: