Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sound Bites

Norah continues to crack us up and surprise us with her vocabulary.

One of the funny things she does is tell herself "bless you" when she sneezes. This is something she is definitely learning at school.

Yesterday she pooped while she was eating lunch. Seth changed her, she finished eating, and then went to bed. After a bit of crying Seth went back in her room and she said, "I poopie again." She later told me, "I 1, 2 poopie."

She often comforts her baby doll or "roars" when they are sad. She does this by hugging them, swinging them back and forth and saying, "Ohhhh, baby dolll." For some reason when they are sad they are all "baby doll." She even does it with each monkey in the book "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" as they fall off and bump their heads. We have to pause while she puts her head on the book and says, "Ohhhh, baby dollll."

This morning Seth was using a piece of toast to pick up some of the crumbs on his plate. She said, "Daddy scoop up."

She frequently requests a diaper change by saying, "Diaper change" or "I pee pee wet."

She knows the word "sorry" but hasn't quite figured out how to use it appropriately all the time. If she runs into the table she will say, "Sorry table" (which sounds like "bable") or "Sorry Norah." Or if we say it to her she always says it right back to us.

Words I hear over and over and over again on our rides to and from school are:

- Purple truck! Green truck!
- Highway? ("Yes, we're getting on the highway.")
- All done highway? ("Yes, we're getting off the highway now.")
- School bussssssssss!! 1, 2, school busssssssss! More school bus? More school bus? ("I don't know, you'll have to watch.") I watch school bus.
- Neighborhood - window down please!! (I have told her we can't have the window down on the highway, so every single day when we enter the neighborhood this is what I hear.)
- That way? That way? ("Yes, we're going that way.")
- One day I didn't turn where I usually do and she said, "That way, that way" while pointing the direction we usually go.
- City busssss! 1, 2 city bussssss!
- Bird on wire! (There is a particular intersection we go through that usually has a ton of birds sitting on the telephone wires.)

These are some of the words and phrases I can remember right now, but I am going to try to do a better job of capturing them. I think this is the kind of stuff that we'll never remember but is fun to record.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are so cute! I am continuously amazed at the amount of stuff these little kids pick up on!
- Lisa C

Lisa said...

I totally need to capture more things like this. Good idea and very cute, Norah!