Norah has been in her current room, the 18-24 month room, since before she was 18 months old. When she moved into that room, I remember feeling like it was definitely time.
It's time again. She is barely over 2, but I think she is very ready to move into the next room. She seems to be ready for a new routine and new things to learn. And perhaps the biggest thing? Potty training!
So as of next week she will be moving to room J and will stand in line with everyone else when it is potty time. I have been waiting for this to happen because she is definitely showing signs of being ready. She tells us all the time when she is "pee pee wet" and does not like to stay in a wet diaper.
But now I'm totally dreading the public toilet thing. Nasty! For the past several months we have been putting her on the potty whenever she asks (she "dribbled" into the potty a few times, but nothing more). We have been teaching her from the very beginning to put her hands on her knees. Hopefully that will stick.
So the transition starts next week. She has traditionally transitioned with extreme ease, so hopefully that will be the case again this time.
Time to do some reading on potty training...
No comments:
Post a Comment