Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

So it's been a little while. I'll chalk it up to the general business of the holidays. More evening events = less evening computer time. And limited computer time is spent online shopping instead of blogging. But I'll get a quick one in tonight. 

First, I am so excited to have finally completed my blog book from Norah's first year. I used www.blurb.com, which "slurps" blog entries into book format. From there I spent hours (lots of hours) choosing fonts, colors, adding photos and adjusting text. I am really happy with the way it turned out and am quite impressed with the print quality. My plan is to do one for each year. I got much more efficient once I got familiar with the software and I'm sure subsequent books won't require as much time. I've started on year two with the hopes of getting caught up so I can do it more along the way. 


On Wednesday we attended Norah's Christmas program. Her class sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." (Some of the words were slightly modified to reference Christmas.) I don't think one kid sang one word, but they sure did look cute standing there "twinkling" their stars above their heads!


Norah recently got in on some cookie decorating and really seemed to enjoy it. She didn't discover that the frosting was sweet and yummy right away, so there wasn't even much licking. She learned to hold her little finger on the edge and spread frosting with the other hand.

Her cookies were piled with decorating balls, which were carefully placed one-by-one.

Overall we are doing great. I had a 24-hour flu or virus of some sort over the weekend, but was fully recovered by Tuesday. We shipped Norah off to my parent's as quickly as we could and so far neither she nor Seth are showing any signs of catching the bug. My being sick caused us to miss a few holiday events that I was really looking forward to, but I was in no shape to participate.

Hopefully the next entry will come sooner rather than later.

No comments: